#Dream2016 Christmas Quiz
Get in the festive spirit with the #Dream2016 Christmas quiz created by some of our amateur actors!
Some of our amateur cast have put together a fun Christmas quiz with a Shakespearean twist; how many can you get right? Share your score on social media with @rscdream2016 #Dream2016 or let us know in the comment section below.
Find the answers at the bottom of the page. Special thanks to David Scanlan, Trevor Gill, James McBride, Ben Hopwood, Patrick Bentley and Martin Turner for their contributions.
1) Name the Shakespeare play that is subtitled ‘Or What You Will’.
2) Which of the following words was NOT coined by Shakespeare?
Wappened, Cockled, Tip-Cat, Foxship, Kickie-Wickie
3) Which famous Disney animated movie is in fact an adaptation of Shakespeare’s Hamlet?
4) Leonard Bernstein wrote a musical based on Romeo and Juliet, what was it called?
5) When David Tennant played Hamlet at the RSC, what did Tchaikovsky play?
6) Complete this famous Shakespearean line: “Alas poor Yorik I knew him….”
7) Which famous diarist said of the play “…it is the most insipid ridiculous play that ever I saw in my life”?
8) Which of the six mechanicals is never given a first name?
9) Where would you read these lines “Good friend, for Jesus’ sake forbeare, To dig the dust enclosed here. Blessed be the man that spares these stones, And cursed be the man that moves these bones.”
10) In Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol, how many children does Bob Cratchit have?
11) Which Oscar winner played Scrooge in “The Muppet Christmas Carol”?
12) Who made the first Christmas tree?
13) How many gifts were made in the song the Twelve days of Christmas?
14) Who invented the first Christmas card and when?
15) Who is the precursor to the modern Santa Claus?
16) What is the name of the best selling Christmas single, who wrote it and what were the estimated sales?
17) What was the name of the Giant who created the Giant’s Causeway in Northern Ireland?
18) Who had a top ten hit single in 1956 with I’m Walking Backwards For Christmas?
19) Which of the following is Saint Nicholas not the patron saint of? Children, Scholars or Thieves?